Signs I’m about to hit the “I am a horrible writer” stage.
- I’m making dedications for my book
- My house receives a face lift, including reorganization of furniture
- I’ve grown obsessed with dissecting or critiquing other people’s work
- I look up quotes and cartoons about writing
- I want to chat and not about writing
All but one have happened so far. And I have a feeling that last one will be happening tonight.
Next is the actual “I am a horrible writer” dump.
Usually I shed the worst of it in two days.
But it clings for a week or two.